We love a fun bookmark craft. And these cute snowman bookmarks fit the bill. They’re one of our favorite snowman crafts for kids.
Their cute arms hold onto the page and look like your little snowman is embracing the book.
And be sure to check out our fun snowman quotes and sayings to talk about while making your cute little bookmarks!
Table of Contents
For this craft, you’ll need the following materials and supplies
Colored Craft Paper: We used white paper for the snowman body, but colored construction paper for the hat, scarf, and arm, cheeks and carrot nose. So we used a mix of red and green, pink, brown and orange.
Snowman Bookmark Template: All the pieces you’ll need to shape your little snowmen. You can find it at the end of this post.
Along with a few basics like:
- Craft glue or glue stick
How to Make a Snowman Bookmark
To start with grab white craft paper or white cardstock. This will be the base of the snowman bookmark.
Then trace the head and body pieces of the snowman bookmark template onto the white paper and cut them out.
Trace and cut out the arms onto brown paper, the carrot nose onto orange, the checks onto pink paper, and then the other pieces onto red or green paper. Or whatever color you want their outfit to be.
For the snowman’s hat, it has 3 total pieces. The base of the hat, the rim and then the pom pom.
Attach the rim of the hat to the base and the pom pom to the end of the hat.
Next, attach the snowman’s head to the top of the body pieces and slightly overlap them.
Next, glue the nose to the middle of his face, along with the check pieces.
Then draw on the rest of his face. We added cute closed eyes and a smile. But you could use our printable googly eyes instead if you like.
Now, you can attach the hat to your snowman head and the scarf around his neck.
Now, here’s an important part, when attaching the arms, apply glue to the very top of the arms only.
Attach the arms on each side of the snowman’s body, attaching them only by the ends. You want the rest of the arms free from glue so they can grab the page of your book.
You can finish off your snowman by drawing buttons down the front of him.
Isn’t he cute! You can easily reuse the template to make a whole bunch of snowman bookmarks!
To use the paper snowman as a bookmark, slide a sheet or page under the arms. And voila! Cute little DIY snowman bookmark.
When you’re finished making your snowman, make sure to give him a good snowman name.
These would make cute little gifts, especially when given with a sweet book at Christmas time.
Grab the Snowman Bookmark Templates
To grab the template, put your email in the box below. We’ll send it straight to your inbox.
These are for personal or classroom use only please, not for commercial use. Thank you!
We hope you have tons of fun whipping up this winter craft for kids and we hope you make lots more too!
Other Snowman Activities
Spend some time coloring: Grab our free snowman coloring pages and have fun coloring in snowmen of all different shapes and sizes!
Play a snowman game: Try playing our roll a snowman game! Grab a pair of dice (or use our printable dice) and have fun creating your own snowman drawing with our fun drawing prompts.
Or play our pin the nose on the snowman game. Download the printable and cut out the pieces. Then take turns trying to pin the carrot nose on the snowman!
Name your snowman: Have fun picking out a cute snowman name for your bookmark! There are so many fun possibilities that it’s half the fun of building a snowman.
These cute snowman bookmarks are such a fun and easy DIY bookmark and a perfect Christmas craft.
- Colored craft paper
- Snowman bookmark template
- Craft glue
- To start with grab white craft paper or white cardstock. This will be the base of the snowman bookm
- Trace the head and body pieces of the snowman bookmark template onto the white paper and cut them out.
- Trace and cut out the arms onto brown paper, the carrot nose onto orange, the checks onto pink paper, and then the other pieces onto red or green paper. Or whatever color you want their outfit to be.
- First, assemble the snowman's hat.
- Attach the rim of the hat to the hat base and the pom pom to the end of the hat.
- Next, attach the snowman's head to the top of the body pieces, slightly overlapping them with the head on top.
- Next, glue the carrot nose to the middle of his face, along with the check pieces.
- Draw on the rest of his face.
- Next attach the snowman hat and scarf.
- Attach the arms, but only using glue on the very upper part of the arms, so the bottoms are left free to hold onto the book pages.
- You can finish off your snowman by drawing buttons down the front of him.
This bookmark works best if the arms and base of the snowman are made from thicker paper or cardstock.