This paper nutcracker craft is a fun way to create a cute nutcracker using various paper shapes. It's perfect for young kids as it's great for identifying shapes and developing fine motor skills.
With all the fun Christmas crafts we've been creating lately, this paper nutcracker craft is perfect for the younger kids.
It's made entirely of basic shapes like rectangles, triangles and circles. We love shape crafts for kids.
Use our free nutcracker template to quickly grab all the shapes you'll need to craft up your own nutcrackers this holiday season.
Table of Contents
To make these paper nutcrackers, you'll need the following materials:
Colored craft paper: You can use construction paper or the colored craft paper. We used red and blue for their clothes, a skin tone and color for the hair, plus black for the pants/shoes.
Nutcracker template: You can grab our free printable nutcracker template at the end of this post.
You'll also need some basic craft supplies like:
- Craft glue
- Black marker or gel pen
To start out, print out the nutcracker craft template. Then trace and cut out all the shapes onto the colored paper and cut them out.
Our template includes shapes for the head, arms, body, legs, shoes, hat and face.
Start by attaching the triangle pieces to both sides of the nutcrackers head to make it look like hair.
Then start assembling the face by attaching the eyebrows, his nose and mustache.
The rectangles will be used for the eyebrows and the triangles for the nose and mustache.
Grab the square cutout and attach a border along one of the sides.
This will be the top of the hat.
Then attach triangles along the top part of the hat, and a round cutout on the top middle area like shown below.
Attach the hat to the top of the nutcrackers head.
Using your black marker, draw eyes and a mouth onto his face.
Next, attach shapes to the upper body pieces and glue his hands onto the ends of the sleeves.
Then attach the arms onto each side of the paper coat.
Attach the shoes to his legs.
Now you can attach the upper body pieces to the legs.
Finally, put the head onto the nutcrackers body to complete your craft.
We also added some circles to his coat to look like buttons.
It's fun to see all those shapes come together to make such a fun nutcracker!
This paper nutcracker craft is a fun and easy way to get into the Christmas spirit.
Not only does it look great as a decoration, but it’s also a lot of fun to make. You can also use it as a festive DIY Christmas ornament.
It’s sure to add some extra holiday cheer to your home.
Grab the Nutcracker Template
To grab the template with all the nutcracker shapes on it, put your email in the box below. We'll send it straight to your inbox.
This is for personal or classroom use only, please. Not for commercial use. Thank you.
This adorable paper nutcracker is a fun craft perfect for the holiday season. Using our free template, cut out the shapes and pieces this cute little guy together.
- Nutcracker template
- Colored craft paper
- Black marker or pen
- Print out the nutcracker craft template. Trace and cut out all the shapes onto the colored paper and cut them out.
- Start by attaching the triangle pieces to both sides of the head piece for the hair.
- Assemble the face by attaching the eyebrows, nose and mustache.
- Grab the square cutout and attach a border along one of the sides. This will be the top of the hat.
- Attach triangles along the top part of the hat, and a round cutout on the top middle area.
- Attach the hat to the top of the head.
- Using a black marker, draw eyes and mouth onto the face.
- Attach shapes to the upper body pieces and glue the hands onto the ends of the sleeves to make hands.
- Attach the arms onto each side of the paper coat.
- Attach the shoes to the leg pieces.
- Attach the upper body pieces to the legs.
- Finally, put the head onto the nutcrackers body to complete your nutcracker craft. Enjoy!
Have fun choosing different color combinations to make a completely unique nutcracker of your own!