This adorable giraffe bookmark craft is a cute and easy animal craft for kids that's not only a fun craft, but perfect to encourage a little extra reading.
We have lots of fun DIY bookmarks for kids around here, and this little giraffe is a good one.
He's cute and fun to make.
Table of Contents
To craft this cute little guy, you'll need just a few basic supplies.
Giraffe bookmark template: You can grab it at the end of this post.
Colored craft papers: We used yellow and a couple of shades of orange and pink.
And a few basic craft supplies like:
- Black marker
- Craft glue
How to Make a Giraffe Bookmark
To get started crafting your paper giraffe, first grab and print out the template.
Then select which colors of craft paper you'll use. We used yellow for the base and orange and pink for accents.
The giraffe template includes a body base, a head piece, mouth, horns, ear pieces, a tail, tail tip and spots.
Trace and cut out all the pieces onto your colored craft paper. You should end up with something similar to that below.
Once you have all your pieces cut out, it's time to start making the giraffe.
Using a bit of craft glue, attach the mouth piece to the lower part of the head template.
Then attach the inner ear pieces to the inside of the ears on the head cutout.
Then attach the horn cutouts to the top of the head.
Next, attach the triangular spot cutouts onto both sides of the head, as shown below. Two on top under the horns, and two in the cheek area.
Then use your black marker to draw the eyes, nostrils and mouth of the giraffe.
Next, attach the tail tip to the giraffes tail, and attach the spots to the body area.
Then glue the giraffe's tail onto his body, on the opposite end of the long neck.
Next, attach the head to the end of the long neck part.
Then we are going to prepare the "bookmark" piece by cutting a piece of cardstock into a rectangle shape as shown below.
Next, attach the rectangle bookmark piece to the back of the giraffe, but be sure to only put the glue on the giraffe's body, and keep his legs free of all glue. (This will be what grabs the page of the book,
And that's it! Let him dry and your giraffe bookmark is all done!
Now, you can simply slide a page between the bookmark base and the legs to use the giraffe as a bookmark.
Grab the Giraffe Template
To grab the giraffe bookmark template, put your email in the box below.
We'll send it straight to your inbox along with other fun freebies.
These cute giraffe bookmarks are a fun and easy bookmark craft for kids. Make sure to grab our free giaffe template and get started!
- Giraffe template
- Colored craft paper
- Black marker
- Craft glue
- Grab and printout the giraffe template.
- Grab 2 colors of yellow craft paper, along with orange and pink.
- Trace and cutout the template pieces, making the head, body, tail one shade of yellow and the mouth piece in a different color of yellow, Cut out the the accent pieces like the horns, spots, and tail tip in orange. and the inner ear pieces in pink.
- Attach the mouth piece to the lower part of the head. Then glue on the inner ear pieces to the center of the giraffes ears.
- Attach the horns to the top of the head in between the ears.
- Next, attach the triangle spots onto the head, two below the horns and two in the cheek areas. Use your black marker to draw on a mouth, eyes and some nostrils.
- Attach the tip of the tail to the the end of the tail and glue on the spots of the giraffe.
- Attach the tail to the body, on the opposite side of the long neck.
- Glue on the head to the end of the neck.
- Cut out a small rectangle from card stock to be the bookmark base.
- Attach the bookmark piece to the back of the giraffe. Make sure to only glue the body area and leave the legs free so the can grab onto the page of the book,
- Allow to dry, and enjoy your cute little giraffe bookmark!
We have our suggested colors, but you can make the giraffe any color you like! Have fun and get creative.