Today we’ve got these adorable angel bookmarks! It’s a fun angel craft that also encourages some a little reading.
These angel bookmarks are a fun DIY bookmark for kids and adults alike.
They make a great Christmas craft and would make a sweet handmade gift attached to a card or gift card.
Or maybe you’re just looking to make a little heavenly fun. Either way make sure you grab our angel template and make your own set of bookmarks.
To make these bookmarks you’ll need:
Angel template: You can find it at the end of the tutorial.
Colored craft papers: You’ll need a color for the skin tone, white or off white for the wings, a color for the hair, yellow for the halo, and any color you like the dress.
You’ll also need some basic craft supplies like:
- Craft glue
To start with, download and print out the angel template. Then cut out all of the template pieces.
The template includes the angel’s head, her hair, dress, sleeves, the wings, halo and her hands.
Using the template pieces trace and cut out all of the pattern pieces on your selected colored pieces of paper.
To start putting your angel together, grab the small hair cutout and attach it to the top of the head cutout.
Next, attach the angel’s head to the hair base.
Now place the head pattern atop the dress cutout, with the dress layered in between the hair-base and head layers.
Draw lines onto the wings creating feather like details. We just made three curved lines.
Then attach the hands to the sleeve cutouts.
Now we are going to attach the arms to the angel’s dress. But since this bookmark works by having the angel grab the pages with her arms, only put glue on the sides of the dress like shown above.
Then attach both of her arms.
Once the arms are glued on, trim off any excess edges. Then take a thin black marker or pen and draw a face onto your angel.
We used a pink marker to add a hint of blush to her cheeks.
Then attach the wings to the back of the angel’s dress, with the patterned lines facing toward the front.
Finally, attach the halo. We also added a little detail to the dress with some colored markers.
And that’s it. Your DIY angel bookmark is all finished! What I love about this craft is that you can make her any skin tone you like, and you can customize her dress to fit any theme.
Grab the Free Printable Pattern
To grab our free angel template, place your email in the box below.
We’ll send the template straight to your inbox, and let you know when we have more awesome freebies.
These patterns are for personal or classroom use only, not for commercial use. But you are most certainly welcome to sell any felt ornaments you make! (Just not the pattern!) Thank you!
These DIY angel bookmarks are a cute angel craft that is sweet and functional. Whip up your own bookmarks using our free angel template.
- Angel template
- Colored craft paper
- Craft glue
- Print out the angel template and cut out the pieces. Trace them onto colored craft papers and cut them out.
- To start putting your angel together, grab the small hair cutout and attach it to the top of the head cutout.
- Next, attach the angel's head to the hair base
- Now place the head pattern atop the dress cutout, with the dress layered in between the hair-base and head layers
- Draw lines onto the wings. Attach the hands to the sleeve cutouts.
- Attach the arms to the angel's dress, only gluing on the sides of her dress, allowing her arms to be free to grab pages. Attach both of her arms
- Once the arms are glued on, trim off any excess edges. Then draw a face onto your angel.
- Attach the wings to the back of the angel's dress, with the patterned lines facing toward the front
- Finally, attach the halo. We also added a little detail to the dress with some colored markers.
- Enjoy the bookmark or give away to a loved one!