Looking for some good Simon says ideas? We have a whole list of tons of things you can do during the Simon says game!
If you’ve ever wanted a game that’s easy and fun for the whole family, look no further than Simon Says.
This classic game requires no equipment and can be played anytime, anywhere.
Whether you’re inside or outdoors, at home or on vacation, Simon Says is the perfect way to have fun with your kids!
Table of Contents
How to Play Simon Says
Simon Says is a simple and fun game that can be adapted for both children and adults.
Let the fun begin by picking one lucky player to be the all-mighty “Simon”.
Then, all the other players must gather around their leader and prepare for some silly commands!
Simon will call out something like “touch your nose” or “shake like a leaf” and once they’ve said “Simon says…”, it’s go time: everyone has to follow the command.
But beware – if Simon forgets to say “Simon says…” before giving an instruction, anyone who still performed the action is out of the game!
Benefits of the Simon Says Game
Simon Says is a fun, engaging game for kids that encourages following instructions, listening skills and motor control.
It also helps to develop problem-solving skills as players must think quickly in order to distinguish between commands from “Simon” and commands without. It also is great for developing body awareness in younger kids.
It helps young kids develop listening skills as they need to listen carefully to the commands too.
Additionally, this game can help improve social skills as it requires kids to take turns and interact with each other.
Lastly, playing Simon Says is a great way to get active and have some friendly competition. After all, children learn best through play!
Variations of the Game
There are many different ways to play the game of Simon Says.
And it can be played outdoors if you have the space. But it’s also a great indoor activity for a cold or rainy day inside the classroom.
For example, you can alter the commands to incorporate physical movements like running around or hopping on one foot.
You could also add a twist by requiring players to perform a certain number of repetitions for each command.
Additionally, you could adjust the game rules so that only the winner stays in, or that everyone loses if one person fails a command.
Lastly, you can make things more interesting by adding props such as stuffed animals or other objects to use as part of the instructions!
Simon Says Ideas
If you need some Simon says ideas, we’ve got a whole list of commands perfect for kids to get moving and follow directions.
- Simon says clap your hands
- Simon says touch your toes
- Simon says jump up and down
- Simon says spin around in a circle
- Simon says pat your head
- Simon says raise your arms
- Simon says hop on one foot
- Simon says stand up straight
- Simon says run around the room
- Simon says put your hands on your hips
- Simon says stretch out your arms
- Simon says rub your tummy
- Simon says slide across the floor like a snake
- Simon says squat down low
- Simon says make a silly face
- Simon says laugh out loud
- Simon says spin around twice
- Simon says pretend to be an airplane
- Simon says squeeze your eyes shut tight
- Simon says shake your shoulders
- Simon says stomp five times
- Simon says point to the sky
- Simon says wiggle like a worm
- Simon says stick out you tongue
- Simon says click your heels together
- Simon says swing both arms in circles
- Simon says nod yes
- Simon says shake your head no
- Simon says slither like a snake
- Simon says freeze and hold still
- Simon says pretend you’re swimming
- Simon says give yourself a high five
- Simon says act like a robot
- Simon says make a funny noise
- Simon says pretend you are sleeping
- Simon say turn around once
- Simon says grab something
- Simon says twirl
- Simon says reach for the clouds
- Simon says hug someone
- Simon says hold your breath
- Simon says make an angry face
- Simon says march in place
- Simon says bend over backwards
- Simon says pretend to be a tree
- Simon says pretend to fly like a bird
- Simon says tap three times on the floor
- Simon says to reach for the stars
- Simon says look up and smile
- Simon says to take two steps forward
- Simon says to balance on one foot
- Simon says make an x with your arms
- Simon says bend down and touch your toes
- Simon says move in slow motion
- Simon says flap your arms like wings
- Simon says sing a song
- Simon says be quiet as a mouse
- Simon says snap your fingers
- Simon says blow kisses
- Simon says roll on the floor
- Simon says do push-ups
- Simon says act like a puppy
- Simon says whistle
- Simon says act like your favorite animal
- Simon says stand on your tip toes
Grab the Free Printable Simon Says Ideas List
To make the game easier on you, make sure to grab our free printable simon says list of commands.
These ideas will help you to get playing quickly, without having to come up with all of the ideas yourself.
This is for personal or educational use only please. Not for commercial use. Thank you!
All of these Simon Says commands are fun and exciting ways to get people moving.
They can be used to add a bit of energy and excitement to any gathering or event.
It’s also a great way for children to learn how to follow instructions and have fun at the same time!