These cute little chocolate Easter bunny cupcakes are so easy to decorate but look so adorably cute!
When Easter morning comes around, our family has a tradition of gathering together and having a delicious Easter breakfast.
Of course, this includes lots of tasty desserts. Because every good Easter ends with a sugar induced coma!
Table of Contents
Chocolate Easter Bunny Cupcake
- 12 of your favorite cupcakes
- 1 cup green frosting (This kind is perfect to create an easy grass effect)
- 12 chocolate easter bunny candies (We used these Hersheys Chocolate Bunnies)
- Candy eggs or jelly beans (We used these shimmery ones)
- Sharp knife
Step 1: Laying down the Grass on Your Cupcakes
The first step is to ice all of your cupcakes. Pipe the green icing onto your cupcake. We used the small star tip to give it a grassy texture.
Step 2: Trim your Easter Bunnies
Using a knife, carefully cut 1 inch off the bottom of each of your chocolate Easter bunny candies.
You'll want to use a really sharp knife or you'll risk cracking your chocolate bunnies.
For this reason, I also suggest picking up an extra pack in case you split a few down the middle long ways.
Step 3: Preparing your Cupcake
Cut a short slit into the center your cupcake. This is where your chocolate Easter bunnies are going to live.
Be careful not to cut the whole length of your cupcake or you'll end up with a mess. Instead try to keep your cut just as wide as your bunny, or about 1 and a half inches.
Step 4: Place your Bunny in the Hole
Now put a chocolate Easter bunny into the hole of your cupcake.
Step 5: Add your Easter Eggs
Now you can finish decorating your cupcake with your candied Easter eggs. There are so many fun and different candied Easter eggs out there!
Now your cupcakes are Easter morning ready! These would also be adorable for a kids classroom party!
I don't know any kids would turn down a treat as cute as these!
How to decorate cupcakes with cute miniature Easter bunnies. An easy and quick way to make fun, lively little cupcakes.
- Using your green frosting, ice each of your cupcakes to create your "grass."
- Trim 1 inch off of your chocolate Easter bunnies with a sharp knife.
- Cut a slit into the center of each of your cupcakes, just wide enough for your chocolate bunny to fit into.
- Insert you chocolate bunny into the center of the cut you just made.
- Decorate around your bunny with candy Easter eggs.